The discovery cruise along the Tasmanian coastline
The guided visit of historic Port Arthur
Discover the unique landscapes of the region
Explanations and commentary from your English-language guide
Informazioni essenziali *
Mandatory printed voucher
Durata 10 ore
Orari di inizio 07:30
Set off on a day-long cruise to discover Tasmania and visit the historic site of Port Arthur!
Leave Hobart around 7:30am to begin your 3-hour discovery cruise of Tasmania. Visit natural caves, see huge cliffs and spot the region’s diverse species of sea-birds, seals and dolphins. Enjoy the panoramic view from the 12.5 meter-long boat equipped with an open-top deck.
After the cruise, up-anchor at Port Arthur to begin your guided tour. Listed a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2010, the former penitentiary colony of Port Arthur is one of 11 landmarks recognized as part of the Australian Convict Sites World Heritage Property. This penitentiary center housed nearly 10,000 prisoners sent to the area by the British between 1830 and 1877.
Take a break for lunch before returning to the departure point around 6pm.
Luogo di partenza
Buono a sapersi
- Availability: Monday to Sunday (excluding exceptional dates)
- Duration: Approx. 10 hours
- Time: 7:30am
- Departure point: Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre
- Language: English
Il prezzo include
- The 3-hour long discovery cruise
- The guided visit of historic Port Arthur
- Lunch on-site including drinks
- The services of a guide
Il prezzo non comprende
- Return transfers between your hotel and your cruise departure point
- Tips (optional)
- Any other extras